Write Off Unaffordable Debts With A
Legislated Debt Solution

Apply Now
Talk To An Advisor Today
Call Us
Important Message : the content in these forums is user generated and archived here for the benefit of the community. Please make your own decisions on the validity of any information on these boards, as with all forums and life itself there's good advice and bad advice. If you have issues with debt then please contact us via any of the links on this site.

The SECTION 10 NOTICE

Topics not covered by the above headings.

Re: The SECTION 10 NOTICE

Postby vanreet » Thu May 21, 2015 9:34 am

I would really appreciate some help / advice regarding my situation wit the DWP and MAXIMUS UK.

The full ongoing post is here: http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... V2YFUZTPK9

Is there anything at all I can do regarding MAXIMUS UK continuing to process my data and their statement of : “Therefore, Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (operated by MAXIMUS UK), will only process a person’s data when referred to us by the DWP.”

And here is the reply I received from MAXIMUS UK:

Centre for Health and Disability Assessments
Operated by MAXIMUS'

Tel: 0113 2327015 Fax: 0113 2327178
Date: 2015

Dear vanreet.

Thank you for your further letter dated 2015 which refers to the Data Controller and a notice pursuant to section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

I can advise that the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the Data Controller for all data processed as part of the Government’s Health Assessment Advisory Service. Therefore, Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (operated by MAXIMUS UK), will only process a person’s data when referred to us by the DWP.

Therefore, I have forwarded your correspondence to the DWP’s Health Services Directorate for a reply. Should you need to contact them, their address is;

DWP Health Services Directorate
Green Zone
2nd Floor, Phase 2
Peel Park
Brunei Way
Blackpool
FY4 5ES

I hope this is helpful clarification.

I am at a loss as to what actions are now open to me!

Would a "cease and desist" notice be of any help?

;)
vanreet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby invictusmaneo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Just a quick question.

In sending the Section 10 notice. Is it from **** of the Family ****? Or is it from the name on the debt letter?
invictusmaneo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Deutschlad » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:04 pm

You have signed a waver that allows the DWP to share your data with third parties. In order for the DWP to continue your claim you have no choice in this matter. See declaration on esa50. I sent them a section 10 and specified that I want to be asked first and that a genuine medical could be obtained via a registered doctor like a GP. Look at their handbook to see if your condition can be assessed on paper or by using their internal doctors advice. This normally applies to chronic conditions that won't get better in time. Asthma or HIV. If you suffer with hep a b c or HIV you qualify for data not to be shared. See prescribed illness
Deutschlad
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby Lill72 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:12 am

Hi 
What would be the Australian equivalent to the section 10 Notice?
Thanks.
Lill72
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby Topher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Another great post
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Yoohoo89 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Is it possible to use the Notice 10 argument for a default payment from a mobile phone company as they are not covered by the Consumer Credit Act (1974).

I have just found out about a default payment (£40) from Orange that sold off the debt to Lowell. This was made in January 2012 (5 years and 2 months ago). I am in the process of buying a house and this is causing a lot of grievance.

I am trying the sympathy approach to get it removed from my credit report. I immediately paid the debt yesterday when I found out although still unsure what this debt really relates to. I just want to explore all my options and see whether I can send this letter claiming they are not able to process my personal information, but not sure if this would work for a mobile phone company.
Yoohoo89
New Recruit
New Recruit

Previous

Return to General Topics