10 days to get a license or legal action???!

Moderators: Faljay, Tiggy, williams2583, SalliNae

Re: 10 days to get a license or legal action???!

Postby wrath8child » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 pm

If a person is legally licence free it is astonishing they have to make any kind of effort to escape TV licence worry.

The original question is about the new "calendar deadline letter"......and what to do about it.

Well if they watch live signals its up to them to get a licence.
If they dont ................... do not feel obliged to contact anyone.

Anyone with no TV/ receiving/ recording equipment daft enough to fill in a "opt out" form will also use the 0300 numbers on the letters.
[ And you will be pleased to hear the calls cost no more than the national rate ]

Get on the blower and ask to be put through to the " I have nothing better to do with my money " department.
wrath8child
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lookee here.

Postby wrath8child » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Earlier post updated due to more letters sent.

take a peep at this pile of poop.

WILL YOU BE IN ON ........FEBRUARY ?

Then it says.............. " it may be on ...... February or on another day".

we visit 10,101 addresses a day...........[ hound 10,101 addresses more like ]
Our enforcement officers visit an address every 5 seconds. Day, evening, weekends, and if no one answers, they come back....................[ Yippee I can re-live the goons walk of shame how very considerate of the TVL.]

Stop a visit before its too late............ [ no way that is the best bit ]

Then its the usual pile of pap....pay up, ring up....[ the cost of 0300 numbers makes me throw up ]

There is even a "authentic effect" official stamp. Hot off the printers press, which matches the printed signatures. :lol:

sorry mr s simms, j hales. Your begging letter is again declined. I still want no TV or licence from you.
Last edited by wrath8child on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrath8child
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Lookee here.

Postby flyingfish » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:20 pm

wrath8child wrote:[ the cost of 0300 numbers makes me throw up ]

How much do the cost you? I'd pay 0.4 pence per minute, but for zero cost do it by email or online.
flyingfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby wrath8child » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:41 pm

The numbers cost me nothing flying fish.... I have never rang them.
or written.
or emailed.
Its annoying that people who live without TV are encouraged to get in touch at their own time and expense.
I would not ring even if the numbers were free.

The only contact is when they write to me. Or goons come knocking on occasions. Let them write...and knock all they want. It costs them money.
wrath8child
Silver Member
Silver Member

BBC "FUND-RAISER" VISIT.

Postby wrath8child » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Or should that be "fun- raider"

Sadly I was out at the time.

They left me a "calling-card"....... awash with the usual threats of court action, prosecution, fines,

" your address does not have a TV licence, I visited to find out why"...........Well quite frankly I simply do not want one...or a TV for that matter.

No £20 commission yet again........pity I missed the walk of shame.

Apparently they now take shirt buttons......I might leave them a jar full on the doorstep :lol:
wrath8child
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Jinxer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:55 pm

I think I have bumped into tvl only twice in over 30 years and I just carried on and left them standing on the doorstep. I don't never ever remember them leaving a calling card. I still get the begging letters every few months that get the attention they deserve by being recycled. I have never ever contacted them in any way and never ever intend to.
Jinxer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Calling card description.

Postby wrath8child » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:32 pm

My calling card was more like a large open out glossy booklet....with an over generous use of red ink.
Complete with a spidery scrawl where the "visiting officers" name should be.

WE VISITED......
AS YOU WERE NOT IN, WERE SCHEDULING ANOTHER VISIT TO YOUR PROPERTY.

The rest is the usual stuff seen on any standard letter. Though the page is nearly double the size.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT TIME WE VISIT.
We have to check that every address that needs a TV licence has one.

What will happen could not be more different. They will stand in the rain like a tit. And do the walk of shame like a whipped dog with no commission. :lol:
wrath8child
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby flyingfish » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:17 am

I think I've only met them in person once, when I presume the licence for a previous tenant expired. Ring on the door, there's a pasty faced youth with a clipboard who asked "Mr Falconer?". When I said no, nobody of that name lived here that seemed to completely deflate him. He made a token effort to ask if we had a TV, "what not at all?", then left. Didn't even ask to come in, not that I'd have agreed.
flyingfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby wrath8child » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Its testing the water flying fish. And the penalty for a wasted visit is that awesome walk of shame. [ see the many you tube vids ]

I just answer questions with a question.

I would like to do the prolonged silence and stare them out but would only start laughing after a few seconds.
meanwhile after 7 letters and a pointless visit I calculate [ at 64 p a letter, not including stationary ] that is £4. 48 down the Kermit. :D :D :D :D

keep those letters coming TV Licence.
wrath8child
Silver Member
Silver Member

My Latest Ass Wipe.

Postby wrath8child » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Letter number 8. [ I have added it to the tally mentioned earlier ] :D
And the first since my missed goon visit.

Investigating [ postcode enclosed] Enforcement officers visit homes in your area.

Still the same as the last from Mr S. Simms. And interestingly what looks like a real rubber date stamp below the printed circular stamp. Like the kind you see used in a library book.

As always..............how to stop the harassment. simply pay us to leave you alone.

Does the cost of this bin fodder come out of the Licence fee coffers by any chance ?
Money well spent I say.

Keep trying Mr Simms, J Hale...... :lol:
wrath8child
Silver Member
Silver Member

Previous

Return to TV Licensing