Postby lukashlr » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 am

Get it now, just if you post master ok
lukashlr
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: A4V Page with Covering Letter Download on Main Site

Postby uncletomnot » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:56 am

:) Hi "boneyard"
ours is not referred to as a giro credit slip either. its a Remittance slip. Is that what your wanting to know :?: :? :oops:

boneyard wrote:Thanks once again for an awesome site with great info.
As I am in Australia & the "cover letter" is UK type..........

You will find enclosed the Bill you recently sent me on which I am Accepting for Value and have Returned for Value, Exempt from Levy. This payment being an acceptable specie of payment under the Bills of Exchange act 1882. For the avoidance of doubt, the banking laws of this country (1882 Bills of Exchange Act, 1869 Bankruptcy Act) state that this is a perfectly acceptable form of payment, indeed Lord Denning has confirmed this Promissory Notes are to be treated as cash. The FSA have also confirmed this.
However, should you not accept this form of payment, then please return the Bank Giro Credit slip and Promissory Note, along with a full written explanation of why your organisation is exempt from the legislation as outlined above, or why the Commercial Instrument is unacceptable.
Please note-
If you do not return the Bank Giro Credit slip

What would I insert for Aussie law?
And Giro credit slip is not an Aussie term.
Would I say "statement" or "notice" or 'account"????

Thanks again and enjoy the winning battle.
Cheers
Boneyard
uncletomnot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Rog.eR » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Guys

I have sent a Promissory note along with the covering letter and signed (front and back) giro slip, with a £1 stamp, with my signature through it in red ink written at a 45 degree angle along with the correct UCC code to the council to pay for arrears on my council tax.

They replied with a letter stating that the "promissory note" was not a legal document and that I seem to have utilized information from the internet.

Although my letter clearly states that if they were not to accept this form of payment that they are to return all correspondence including the promissory note, I still have not received them back.

What should my next step be?
Rog.eR
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby lucidunion » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Help on a no reply from Severn trent water after an a4v and pn but instead STW sent CCJ papers. Any advice on dealing with CCJ from severn trent, should I complete the ccj papers and what if I dont?. Im new to the forum so not sure how to make a new post heading? Thanks
lucidunion
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby lordWilliamofGlencoe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi wullie here do I sign the pn just after where it says your birth year and do I also put in my birth year ??
lordWilliamofGlencoe
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby kissmekate » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:43 am

I haven't been able to open the A4V document. Any chance you can just paste it or upload in a different way. There's a problem, I think, with Internet Explorer.
kissmekate
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lukashlr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:21 pm

ceylon wrote:no its a notice

so do not sign any notices ever?
lukashlr
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby mareo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:11 am

no
mareo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby electronicpoacher » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:28 pm

getoutofdebtfree wrote:We now have a A4V page on the main site with more information, videos and a download of the covering letter, which, if your account has been upgraded, will automatically put your name into it, in the correct format.

Have a look at the page here http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/A4V

Have fun now!

Just wondering why your method of writing on the document differs from Wesleys in the video below, is one right and one wrong are do they both work equally as well ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsahROo61Sk
electronicpoacher
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Tautoko » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi There I sent my ASB Visa account to the address stated C/- the CEO, wrote AFV info on it and sent with the covering letter. I haven't received any letter in return but the ASB bank have stopped my online banking service, so I went to inquire what is going on, and was told I am now recorded on their computers as a bad customer. I asked if they are going to send me anything in writing? the person rang to inquire and was told yes they were going to write me. What would you suggest I do now?
Tautoko
New Recruit
New Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to A4V - Accepted for Value