Bristow and Sutur LETTERS

Discuss the tactics employed by Bailiffs. Understand what powers they really have and how to keep them off of your property.

Moderators: Faljay, Tiggy, williams2583, SalliNae

Bristow and Sutur LETTERS

Postby jimi56 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi , CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO NOW IVE SENT ALL THREE LETTERS TO THE DEBT COLLECTORS , OR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT ? NOT SURE WHAT DIRECTION TO GO .
jimi56
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Bristow and Sutur LETTERS

Postby ribbitt » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:47 pm

They are not Debt Collectors, they are Bailiffs known now as Enforcement Agents. I don't doubt after a quick laugh round the office the letters were filed in the bin. They have no effect on Bailiffs. What is it you owe Council Tax or unpaid PCN?
ribbitt
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby jimi56 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks for the reply , council tax arrears . They are comming tomrrow . What should i have done?
jimi56
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby ribbitt » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:20 pm

jimi56 wrote:Thanks for the reply , council tax arrears . They are comming tomrrow . What should i have done?

You should have received a letter from them giving you at 7 days to contact them to pay in full or make a suitable repayment plan - you will have been charged £75 for this. If the time has expired then you aare at risk of a visit - £235 fee for this - and the chances are they will only accept payment in full. Regardless of anything they may they have no right of entry and it would be a bad idea to invite them in.. If you have a car or other vehicle outside then it is at risk of seizure and removal for sale. To prevent this the vehicle should be locked in a garage or parked on a neighbours drive or other private land.

It is rare for Bailiffs to attend when they say they will and it still may not be too late to make contact to see if a repayment plan can be set up.
ribbitt
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby jimi56 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:31 pm

please tell my why the get out of debt youtube videos by leading members say not to offer any payment at all then? I dont understand your comment
jimi56
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby ribbitt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:55 am

jimi56 wrote:

please tell my why the get out of debt youtube videos by leading members say not to offer any payment at all then? I dont understand your comment

Whatever you want to do is up to you. I assume they have all provided definite proof of their successes + how old are they. Just don't be surprised if all goes tits up & by then it is usually too late to help - next stage could be a trip to the Mag Court to explain why payments have not been made followed by a free holiday and when you come back it is still to pay,
ribbitt
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby flyingfish » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:32 am

I believe in England they can arrest earnings or benefits to collect unpaid council tax. I suspect it's not going to go away. Regarding other council tax "stories" that you may have seen floating around, the claimed successes seem to revolve around avoiding ever being named on the original council tax bill, for example if you're a tenant and the landlord hasn't had the sense to name you. In those cases the landlord ends up being pursued.
flyingfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ribbitt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:28 pm

flyingfish wrote:
I believe in England they can arrest earnings or benefits to collect unpaid council tax. I suspect it's not going to go away.

In England there are a raft of measures that can be used against you, usual choice is enforcement by Bailiffs. They can also do Attachment to Earnings or Benefits and they can have 2 of these running at the same time. They could take out a Charging Order if you own your own property and then go for an Order for Sale if still not paying. You can also be made Bankrupt and you will be saddled with all costs. One of the final solutions could be to be summonsed for a Committal Hearing at Court to explain why payments have not been made, you can be imprisoned for this and still owe the monies when released. In the present climate Councils are getting tougher and even looking at historical arrears.
ribbitt
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Beat the Bailiffs