Subject access request

For loans, overdrafts, bank charges and bank related topics

Moderators: Faljay, Tiggy, williams2583, SalliNae

Subject access request

Postby Topher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:58 pm

I'd like to put together a comprehensive subject access request for a credit card, mostly for educational purposes. But if there is anything in it that will break the shackles, well that would be great.

If anyone has ideas for good requests please let me know;

I want to include as much as possible even if we perceive originally it has no relevance, it might

At the moment I have some standard questions, but am going to include.....

Securities,
stocks,
debentures,
rights,
assignments,
trusts,
third parties,
estates,
investments,
contracts,
agreements
accountancy,
charges,
registers,
deeds,
titles,
will,
testament,
statistics,
notes,
bills,
property,
mortgages
phone conversations
records sent to other companies,
true copies
statements

Any input will be very welcome
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Subject access request

Postby Topher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Taxes,
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby effteedee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 pm

I'd include defaults/warnings of intended default .....

All the best :D
effteedee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Topher » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 am

Accounts receivable are used for off sheet balancing in accountancy due to their potential to default.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers ... et-obs.asp

Im just trying to get my head around this, but there is a way we can request the asset side of the books, which is the prom note from our agreement. We see it as receivable, but it is actually an asset. The BoE site clearly state, an IOU is converted into bank deposits and held as an asset.

Why are we paying an asset, apparently because we are ignorant to how the accountancy system works.

The asset is shown as an asset when they are disclosing their accountancy books for reports and to investors, but in the books they show us its shown as receivables. This is the off sheet balancing and part securitisation. When our account goes into debt management they only see the receivable, we need to show the asset side to prove there is no debt.

Some authorities and regulations which they use for accountancy and securities

GAAP - General Accepted Accounting Principals
FRS - Financial Reporting Standards
IFRS - International Financial Reporting Standards
SSAP - Statements of Standard Accountancy Practice
ICAEW - Institute of Charted Accountants in England and Wales
ASB - Accountancy Standards Board
ASB, UTIF - Accounting Standards Board’s Urgent Issues Task Force

Financial services consumer panel
https://www.fs-cp.org.uk/fca-publications

What to ask for :

Accountancy data: assets and liabilities sides of the books and including off balance sheet bookkeeping

Allotment and/or conversion of securities

Entries in registers

Transfer of legal or equitable title

Transfer of property, rights or liabilities

Transfer without written instrument

Settlements & closures

Taxes payments for or on behalf of......

Income from.......

Outstanding and/or unclaimed assets owed to......

Please respond within 12 working days as I have extended you the credit you are using and your account will be accruing interest.

Im really looking forward to your response

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They couldn't even respond to my CCA s61a
Last edited by Topher on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby flyingfish » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 am

Stay focussed. A Subject Access Request is for information held about you under the terms of the Data Protection Act. If you load your request up with too many additional requests which are outside that scope, they may have grounds for simply rejecting the request as non-compliant. A targeted SAR, together with one or more Freedom of Information requests may be a better tactic.
flyingfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Topher » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:32 am

flyingfish wrote:Stay focussed. A Subject Access Request is for information held about you under the terms of the Data Protection Act. If you load your request up with too many additional requests which are outside that scope, they may have grounds for simply rejecting the request as non-compliant. A targeted SAR, together with one or more Freedom of Information requests may be a better tactic.

Thanks, I'll give it all some thought.
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Topher » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:17 am

flyingfish wrote:Stay focussed. A Subject Access Request is for information held about you under the terms of the Data Protection Act. If you load your request up with too many additional requests which are outside that scope, they may have grounds for simply rejecting the request as non-compliant. A targeted SAR, together with one or more Freedom of Information requests may be a better tactic.

Hey flyingfish would you mind taking a look at this for me to clarify if its what I'm looking for.

Im looking for transparency from the lender in all shapes and forms described above, if possible, I think this is a law that directs, for the better parts, transparency of investment schemes to the public. If it is and can also be linked to a specific account, I think it could be very powerful in terms of finding out what is actually happening with a persons agreement and generating avenues for remedy.

Here is a snippet, ill post the link below:

(5)The Authority must—

(a)make the record available for inspection by members of the public in a legible form at such times and in such place or places as the Authority may determine; and

(b)provide a certified copy of the record, or any part of it, to any person who asks for it—

(i)on payment of the fee (if any) fixed by the Authority; and

(ii)in a form (either written or electronic) in which it is legible to the person asking for it.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/8/section/347
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby flyingfish » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:22 pm

The Authority = The Financial Services Authority.
flyingfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Topher » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 pm

flyingfish wrote:The Authority = The Financial Services Authority.

Ah, how silly of me

Thanks for getting back
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Topher » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Flying fish is right, we don't get many opportunities to make a move, lets not waste the opportunities we have. As in a game of chess, making a wrong move can be costly. It is a bit of a patience game and as with any game tactics are imperative.

For my circumstances I don't even have the agreement, which is the "contract" or as they describe it terms and conditions.

There are many other documents associated with whatever process you take in borrowing, and many processes happen after that we are completely unaware of.

I guess my first move would be to source the agreement, T's&C's, assess the data and consider what moves are available, but it will be just as important to consider what moves the bank might of made.

There are lots of over the counter moves made by "lenders", but under the counter moves are also made.
Topher
Silver Member
Silver Member

Next

Return to Banks