Lowell Zero balance- refusal to remove default

Relating to Credit Repair and Credit Reference Agencies

Moderators: Faljay, Tiggy, williams2583, SalliNae

Lowell Zero balance- refusal to remove default

Postby seas » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:02 pm

I have recently started the three letter process with most of the DCA's that i apparently owe money to. I have successfully had four letters from Lowell stating they are closing the accounts with a balance of £0, which is great. I have also requested the default notices from them, some i requested at the same time as sending letter one, and some after i received the £0 balance letter.

Lowell have written back saying that under the CCA section 76-77 as their is no sum owing they are not subject to sending me the notices.

I have written back to them, explaining that the request for information was made prior to zero sum and they are still liable. I have also opened a dispute with Equifax, which they have dismissed with the same reason as above.

Where do i stand with Lowell??

One interesting fact is that Lowell have 5 credit agreement entries on my credit report, 4/5 entries they have incorrectly spelt my name....... what should i do?
seas
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Lowell Zero balance- refusal to remove default

Postby cafahag » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi Seas,

Standard response from Lowell. what i did was to to complain to the ICO for not showing the correct amount of 0 and that the account was now settled. ICO found in my favor and gave them 28 days to change my credit files.

hope that helps

Cafahag
cafahag
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby seas » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Cheers for that. What sort of time frame should i look at before putting a complaint into the ICO?

Thanx
seas
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby cafahag » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:55 pm

Sorry not been on for ages. i would check your credit file ASAP. If is states that you still owe money and not a zero balance and settled then complain to ICO. hope that helps
cafahag
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby Davidlew » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:23 pm

I have a similar issue with Lowell, in that they have reduced the balance of the "defaulted account" but it still remains. The default still remains, although with a balance of £0.00, and the adjustment has had no impact on my credit score. What can be done to get Lowell to remove the entry on my credit file?
Please help!!
Davidlew
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby jaysinc111 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Place a statement of correction on your file as well as complaining to the ICO
jaysinc111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby seas » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Well i complained to the ICO in November, although i have heard nothing from them as of yet. Lowell have updated equifax with Satisfied and £0 but with only partial payment. Experian is showing a £0 balance with a part payment message but the default remains.

Inconsistant considering a Credit Reference should be consistent across the board.
seas
New Recruit
New Recruit

Return to General