Career Development Finance ltd. (Barclays Partner Finance)

All matters relating to Debt Collection

Moderators: letissier14, Faljay, getoutofdebtfree, zark, mareo, ceylon

Career Development Finance ltd. (Barclays Partner Finance)

Postby guardian » Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi From Dave. I sent standard letter 1 to Barclays Partner Finance (clydesdale Financial services) and today I had a letter from Career Development Finance Ltd (Chasing same alleged debt).
It seems Barclays Partner Finance has sold the alleged debt to this other company and they are now chasing me for payment. I will of course start with letter 1 to them too, however during a little investigation into CDF (Career Development Finance Ltd) I came across this link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... 71d00038c3

It seems a number of people are having problems with this company. I note that one person said he approached the Trading Standards Office and was told that it didn't look as if CDF Ltd had a license to operate in the financial field they are trading in.

However also on the same thread another person said they do have a credit license Number, 396426.
I don't know how to check that, but on the letter I have in front of me their registration number is different its 3059549 (Notice there is an extra Digit!)

I am toying with the idea of demanding a copy of their license to trade along with the other three items I want to see to validate any debt,
Can I demand a copy of their license. If the license if fraudulent or non existent that could be very useful to know!. What do you all think?

Best regards from Freeman Dave.
I am the wind that rustles the leaves, I am the heat from the Sun, I am the waves that crash to the shore, I'm me, 'The Guardian'.

Whilst variety may be the 'spice of life', Sexual Disease is nothing to 'Clap' about':
guardian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Career Development Finance ltd. (Barclays Partner Financ

Postby lambchop » Tue May 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Also get them to verify they HAVE bought your debt, if they have then tell them thanks very much, now piss off and leave me alone :lol:
You don't have a problem, you have a opportunity to succeed
The World will not be Destroyed by those that do Evil,but by those who watch them witout doing any thing..

lambchop
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ceylon » Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 am

you can ask for anything you want
Those most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe they are free” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ceylon

by Advertising » Wed May 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Advertising

Postby guardian » Wed May 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks LambChop and Mescalito. Love the humour in here.

I sent a first letter to barclaycard 12 days ago and got a reply today. Re Acct nbr xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Reference: Section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974

We acknowledge receipt of your request for information under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 dated 05/05/11
We are dealing with your request and will respond as soon as possible.

I at not time asked for information under section 78, just a ploy by them to make me think they have given me what I have asked for. Problem is they are two days late responding and even when they did respond it was not by recorded delivery or include any of the documentation I asked for. Letter 2 went out 2 days ago. 8 days till the 3rd goes out.
wish me luck cheers for the support.
I am the wind that rustles the leaves, I am the heat from the Sun, I am the waves that crash to the shore, I'm me, 'The Guardian'.

Whilst variety may be the 'spice of life', Sexual Disease is nothing to 'Clap' about':
guardian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ceylon » Thu May 12, 2011 1:46 am

you dont need luck they are the ones defrauding us, and are starting to get that we know.
Those most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe they are free” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ceylon

Postby guardian » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Ok here is an update on Careers Development Finance/Clydesdale Bank/Barclays partner finance. one alleged debt all above writing to me to try to convince me its real.

Careers Development finance sent me a copy of the alleged debt in the form of a LOAN AGREEMENT, supposedly for an open university type course for which the debtor would have to pay £75 a month until £609.23 outstanding balance was paid.

I am looking at a Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT form. about 2/3rds of the way down is a section to be completed stating what the course/courses names were and a space for signature to indicate those are the educational courses the Alleged loan money was financing. Strange thing is the course boxes are blank. also there is no signature in the relevant boxes either. However there is a signature and a name of the person representing the bank! I think the course tutor messed up and should have got those boxes filled before signing himself. As I see it the sales man/rep for Skills Train screwed up and so if there is any more money to be paid on this alleged account he should pay it what do you think?

Here is My reply

Dear Interloper
I wrote to you on 16th May 2011 Recorded/signed for Delivery reference AH863789272GB, and 26th May Recorded/Signed for Delivery reference AH872575862GB, requesting verification of your claim including a lawful contract; a signed invoice and proof of agency to validate your claim, so that I may settle any financial obligation I might lawfully owe.
I also refer to your letter sent to Mr D Alcock©TM. Dated 26th May 2011.
In this letter you state the Barclays Partner Finance forwarded a LOAN to Skills Train on MR DAVID ALCOCK:TM’s Behalf for a course, totally £2,700.00 (Exclusive of £50.00 deposit) This was in order to allow MR DAVID ALCOCK to complete the course over 36 months at an agreed sum of £75.00 per month.
I have looked at the AGREEMENT supposedly taken out by Mr DAVID ALCOCK:TM and can find no mention of a course name or description. In fact I draw your attention to the boxes under the CUSTOMER DECLARATION, where it says I wish to purchase, you will note that it is not filled in with a course name, nor is it signed by MR DAVID ALCOCK, the signature box is blank! Underneath this box is a box signed for and on behalf of Clydesdale Financial Services. This box is signed by a Mr A Tod check it out for yourself. Maybe you should bill Mr A Tod for the outstanding amount.
I have made it quite clear from previous correspondence that I am not Mr David Alcock. I am a flesh and blood man. You have now committed copyright and trade mark infringements for using my copyright/TM names three times in this letter alone, therefore you now owe me £3000.00 in compensation and a further £1000.00 for the time it has cost me to deal with this.
I suggest you send a copy of this letter to Skills Train Direct. I am considering taking legal action to recover the entire £2.750.00 x3 plus damages for harassment for trying to enforce a contract/agreement that is not and never was lawful. And Barclays partner finance for trying to enforce payment for an educational loan that has not been fully completed before the money is CREATED on the strength of Mr David Alcocks signature. an unsigned document is invalid and threats to recover such a debt would be extortion and fraud. You have been warned.

I hereby now reasonably state:
1.That you are indeed a third party interloper;
2.That you have no legal standing;
3.That you have no first-hand knowledge of this matter;
4.That your claim is fraudulent;
5.That any damages I suffer, you will be held culpable;
6.That any negative remarks made to a credit reference agency will be removed;
7.You will no longer pursue this matter any further.
8.That you agree to pay all Fee Schedules.

Should you provide sufficient evidence that I owe your organisation or your client any outstanding amount and that you can provide proof that they have assigned you agency, I should be happy to pay any verified claim in full.

This is not a complaint or a query or a request for a statement / agreement and is not to be treated as one. Do not refer to me as Mr or any Title, which is a legal fiction and is not me.
You may only use my name when sending payment.
Yours sincerely
By: Sovereign: David:Alcock©

Authorised Representative All Rights Reserved. Errors & Omissions Excepted

WITHOUT PREJUDICE – WITHOUT RECOURSE – NON-ASSUMPSIT

Is this ok to send? should I send copies to the other people such as BARCLAYS, etc, etc

Peace and best regards from Dave

guardian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ceylon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 pm

looks ok try and keep it to 1 page though.
ceylon

by Advertising » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Advertising

Postby guardian » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi I am still having problems with Career Development Finance Ltd. I have so far received a duplicate loan agreement, this agreement has two boxes not filled in one stating what course/s the intended Educational loan amount was for and the other box to be my signature agreeing that I was purchasing those courses. Both those boxes are blank but my signature is on the agreement saying I agree to the terms. The sales man has signed the agreement on behalf of the bank, should he have signed it before the form was completed? shouldnt he have checked to see the form was completed correctly? This agreement was for a computer training course the Sales man was from Skills-train, good sales man, he was literally interviewing me, assessing my suitability to complete the course, it was like I was being given a one off opportunity to change my life, of course I had to make the decision there and then, because he was leaving the area and only staying over-night locally. I was in a failing relationship, money issues, on debt management Which I informed him of, told him I don't think I could get a loan for this even if I could afford the monthly payments. He told me that he would take care of all that because I showed great potential, that a high paying job was only months away, that students were approached by employers before they even qualify. Slick speaking guy, The course cost £2750.00 I paid a £50 deposit and was enrolled on the spot, given a laptop bag with a couple of manuals and computer discs and that was it. I got fired up started the course, couldnt believe the simplicity of it, this was all stuff I had learned at school over 30 years ago lol, I was getting top marks. The relationship plumetted, I had severe emotional problems to deal with and couldnt deal with the course. I was paying debt management and now this course on top, I paid for about 2 years after being on debt management until I got put on an IVA. thats when the payments to Skills train stopped. I no longer had the money to pay them other than thru the apportioned amount on an iva, which had gone from £164.per month to £360 per month. I think these sharks have had enough out of me, this agreement was taken out in may 2007. I know there are changes around 2007 in the cca. Am I wasting my time fighting them? they have also sent me a copy of the skillstrain enrollment form saying cost of course £2,750.00 minus £50 deposit via debit card. Everything is in Capitals, Name, aAddress. At the bottom of the enrollment form it says I agree to be bound by their terms, but yet again there is no signature or date. I now owe £700.00 according to them, I paid £2000.00 for relearning what I was taught in junior school? They have had the three letters, I am sending another letter duplicate of third, containing another copy of user agreement (Without Signatures) and a covering letter basically saying they still have not given me what I asked for so next correspondence from them will be billed under ©&TM, even though they have refused to pay any bills I send? I am scratching my hair out here. Any constructive help would be so much appreciated

guardian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ceylon » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:19 pm

just bill them dont explaine anything they know whats going on and are just testing to see how much you know
ceylon

Postby guardian » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 pm

This was on Watch Dog. This is the company skills train that told me a lot of bullshit to get me to sign up for a course, details in previous posts.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/200 ... s_off.html.

Then I discovered this link. My course was years out of date, I was told the course was approved and endorsed by Microsoft & CISCO.
approved and endorsed
http://www.collativelearning.com/SKILLS ... EFUND.html

Maybe I have cause to try to get them to refund me. I have just had Barclays Partner finance send me a communication regarding this alleged debt. So ©&TM letter 1 gone out to them today. I am considering putting the above links into the next letter, or maybe in letter three, not sure if it is wise or not.

Best regards from Dave.

guardian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Dealing with Debt Collectors