Have your own meters fitted legaly !

Moderators: letissier14, getoutofdebtfree, mareo, ceylon, davidlloyd

Have your own meters fitted legaly !

Postby Englishman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:19 am

Electricity_Gillian_Simmonds.pdf
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 439 times

Take a look at page 36 regarding meters. You can legally fit your own meter for gas and electricity.

Also electricity act 1989 and gas act 1986.

Now picture this. If you have no contract with the existing supplier, you have no debt and if sent to a DCA we all know any alledged debt is gone. So when they come to change your meter to pre-payment , you can arrange for your meter to be fitted by a competant person of your choice.So you are left with no contract with any supplier and their meter is gone. Any alleged link between a supplier and you is now non- existent, and your supply from your meter is straight from the national grid. How would you be billed ? and how would that be measured ?
Okay, going out on a shoe string here but their last resort, to take the main fuse........... Out pops your spare ! Proof of claim...... how ?

Seem an extreme sceario??.................. Or does it !!

Am i getting carried away ? I really dont know. It quite possibly might not be so far from a solution as it sounds... time will tell.
Sent off bill A4V, promissory note and covering letter today so see how this one turns out however many months down the line.
Englishman
Gold
Gold

by Advertising » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Advertising

Re: Have your own meters fitted legaly !

Postby ceylon » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm

i sent a notice to the energy minister asking that and he did not reply so he agreed as i putr in my notice if he did not respond he was agreeing so yes you can but it is still a fight
Those most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe they are free” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ceylon

by Advertising » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Advertising

Postby Englishman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Just re-read your elec and gas post. Thanks for paving the way so to speak and i agree with you on the part about avoiding at all costs the pre-payment meter. Not only do you need to so as not to contract with them but also if i read the electric act 1989 correctly, they will deduct a percentage of whatever goes on the pre-payment untill the alleged debt (arrears) are paid back.
:cry:
Englishman
Gold
Gold

Postby doobryfirkins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:18 pm

reading that file is abit too much to take in I wish to fit my own gas and electric meters but I would like to know.

how much does it cost?

is there a company that can do it for you?

can Npower my current supplier remove them?

and will Npower disconnect me once they see I have my own meters fitted?

will I be billed by anyone?

do you have any useful links on this and has anyone done it?
doobryfirkins
Gold
Gold

Postby ceylon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm

you really need to do research before even looking at this
yes i did it all
they lie and steal
see my post in A4V
Those most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe they are free” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ceylon

Postby MrNinetails79 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 pm

im just looking at the linked pdf and cant see anything on p36 to indicate what you suggest re fitting your own meter... but i was skimming so maybe i missed it? a more explicit pointer to its location would really help...

namaste

ps what if there is already a pre-pay meter installed? can we get rid of, or hack it?
MrNinetails79
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby MrNinetails79 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm

found it lol its actually page 29 of the linked pdf

namaste
MrNinetails79
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby saxon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:08 am

hi, first post, I'm gobsmacked at all the info on here.
so much that I didn't know or even think was possible.
On this topic I have saved meters onto my watch page on ebay, for future purchase.
I was wondering who would connect said meters, trusting a good friend to know a suitable person is a good idea, question though, can the meter be fitted as soon as the company removed theirs?
saxon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby javfreeman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:07 am

My Understanding to this is first you would need to cancel any contracts you have with any providers. In other words your supply being cut off. Then you would require an authorised person to come and fir the new meters. Each meter has a serial key knowan as the Meter No. and that is registered on the databases of the fitters. That database is also shared with the providers so they link the meter to the address it is fitted.

It would be interesting to know if any authorised fitters are willing to fit the meter without instructions coming from a supplier. Even if you do find someone to fit the meter will they fit it activated or disconnected whereas you still have to go to a supplier to have your electric and gas activated?

I think a lot more research is required into this. Another point we can check is it illegal to fit one yourselves I know plenty of people who could fit them it is easy question is would they be authorised to change your meter?
javfreeman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ceylon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:10 pm

mine was fitted by a fitter but i would not say what his name was
ceylon

Next

Return to Gas, Electric & Oil Providers