IDR/LINK MBNA SOLD DEBT?

All matters relating to Debt Collection

Moderators: letissier14, Faljay, getoutofdebtfree, zark, mareo, ceylon

IDR/LINK MBNA SOLD DEBT?

Postby carste777 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Hello Folks!
Sorry I have posted this under MBNA credit cards as well as DCA, as I wasn't sure which was best - but anyway....

I have sent the three letters and estoppel to MBNA.

On the 16/6/12, I received a letter from MBNA – this is what they wrote:

Dear Mr….

We are taking further action to recover your debt. Following our previous correspondence, which confirmed the termination of your MBNA credit card agreement, please not you are still required to repay your debt of ……

We have decided that we will take the action of selling your debt to another company.

We will be transferring ownership, together with the rights to collection of your debt to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd. You should await further information……

Then on 28th June I received a letter from IDR Finance. This is what they wrote:

Dear Mr ………..,

We, IDR Finance UK Limited, hereby give you notice that on 21 June 2012 MBNA EUROPE BANK PLC (MBNA) assigned to Link Financial Outsourcing the benefit of the debt that you owe to them under an agreement with the reference number set above (your debt) and with the balance of …………………. Furthermore, on 21 June 2012 Link Financial Outsourcing Limited subsequently assigned the benefit of your Debt to IDR Finance UK Limited.

As a result of this assignment, your debt is now owed to IDR Finance UK limited and Link is acting as servicer for your Debt. All payments should be made to Link at the PO Box shown below………….

Bla blab la……

Under the terms of this assignment and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998, Link is now a data processor of your personal data contained in the personal records of this account. You have the right to access (on receipt of payment) and where it is inaccurate or incomplete, to update your personal data. Should you wish to access your personal data, please write to Link at PO Box ……

I’m a bit confused. Should I address the letters to Link or IDR? It sounds as if MBNA sold it to link then link sold it to IDR, but Link are acting as the collector of the debt.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
carste777
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: IDR/LINK MBNA SOLD DEBT?

Postby GANGSHIELD » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:31 pm

carste777 wrote:Hello Folks!
Sorry I have posted this under MBNA credit cards as well as DCA, as I wasn't sure which was best - but anyway....

I have sent the three letters and estoppel to MBNA.

On the 16/6/12, I received a letter from MBNA – this is what they wrote:

Dear Mr….

We are taking further action to recover your debt. Following our previous correspondence, which confirmed the termination of your MBNA credit card agreement, please not you are still required to repay your debt of ……

We have decided that we will take the action of selling your debt to another company.

We will be transferring ownership, together with the rights to collection of your debt to Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd. You should await further information……

Then on 28th June I received a letter from IDR Finance. This is what they wrote:

Dear Mr ………..,

We, IDR Finance UK Limited, hereby give you notice that on 21 June 2012 MBNA EUROPE BANK PLC (MBNA) assigned to Link Financial Outsourcing the benefit of the debt that you owe to them under an agreement with the reference number set above (your debt) and with the balance of …………………. Furthermore, on 21 June 2012 Link Financial Outsourcing Limited subsequently assigned the benefit of your Debt to IDR Finance UK Limited.

As a result of this assignment, your debt is now owed to IDR Finance UK limited and Link is acting as servicer for your Debt. All payments should be made to Link at the PO Box shown below………….

Bla blab la……

Under the terms of this assignment and as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998, Link is now a data processor of your personal data contained in the personal records of this account. You have the right to access (on receipt of payment) and where it is inaccurate or incomplete, to update your personal data. Should you wish to access your personal data, please write to Link at PO Box ……

I’m a bit confused. Should I address the letters to Link or IDR? It sounds as if MBNA sold it to link then link sold it to IDR, but Link are acting as the collector of the debt.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

IDRv finance - they wrote to you. and a Bill to MBNA for selling the account on as per schedule letter 3.
GANGSHIELD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby carste777 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks a lot Gangshield, will do!
carste777
Silver Member
Silver Member

by Advertising » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Advertising

Postby Shifty1962 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Same pack drill.

3 Letters etc.

You do not want a notice of assignment (which is what they will try to tell you is sufficient in their letter) what you are asking for is the actual signed and duly witnessed official "deed of assignment" which would not have been issued because they would not have had definitive proof of alleged debt.

If there was any way to legally collect on the alleged debt MBNA would not have sold the debt on and neither would successive DCAs. The more times it is passed on the better for you as there will be no formal "deeds of assignment" between the various DCAs who are hoping you will crack under the onslaught.

You know the 3 letters work because MBNA and the first DCA LINK have washed their hands of it as a lost cause and passed it on to IDR. Eventually one of the more stupid DCAs will be stuck with a completely unenforcable debt that they will be unable to collect or sell on.
The early bird gets nicked by the VAT man.
Never appear at your place of work before noon.
Inland Revenue inspectors like to keep their afternoons free for paperwork.
Shifty1962
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby carste777 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Great stuff Shifty1962!

Yes, it does show that the letter process works, which is encouraging for my wife and I and others on the site!

Thanks for the clear explanation - the more good knowledge we have the more empowered we are.

carste777
carste777
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Benny » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi Guys
i am totaly in the same boat MBNA sold my debt to Link i have tried to come to an arrangement with link but they dont want to know, they want all monies paid
Am not really sure what to do or what the outcome may be. Can you give me some advise?
Regards
Ben
Benny
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby GANGSHIELD » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Benny wrote:Hi Guys
i am totaly in the same boat MBNA sold my debt to Link i have tried to come to an arrangement with link but they dont want to know, they want all monies paid
Am not really sure what to do or what the outcome may be. Can you give me some advise?
Regards
Ben

No more pussy footing with them just start the 3 letter system and get them in Tacit. sorted
GANGSHIELD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by Advertising » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 am

Advertising

Postby Benny » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 am

Gangshield
Thanks for the reply,i take it you mean i need to send letters to MBNA, LINK, and IDR,explaining to them i can only afford a comfortable ammount to me each month to pay off my debt?
I spoke with Link yesterday and the guy there said that they were going to look at my case again on the 28th August and then from there if i had not come up with the money they were probably going to go to littigation
Sorry if am sounding a bit thick but i just want to get it right
Thanks
Ben
Benny
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Shifty1962 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 am

Benny wrote:Gangshield
Thanks for the reply,i take it you mean i need to send letters to MBNA, LINK, and IDR,explaining to them i can only afford a comfortable ammount to me each month to pay off my debt?
I spoke with Link yesterday and the guy there said that they were going to look at my case again on the 28th August and then from there if i had not come up with the money they were probably going to go to littigation
Thanks
Ben

No. Dont tell them a thing at this stage. Offer nothing! Dont confirm that you even acknowledge a debt.
Do not get into drawn out discussions about how much and when, whats affordable and whats not etc. Your finances are your business and strictly private.

Start sending the letters to LINK asking for "deed of assignment" and proof of debt.
Stick to the format of the letters and the timescales. Dont talk on the phone - EVER.
Ignore their threats of court action, credit blacklisting, doorstep visits, etc.
They are merely trying to frighten you into admitting liability and paying money they have no legal rights to collect.
If they were going to take you to court they would have done it if they had legal evidence to prove your liability.

Trust the system - it works!
The early bird gets nicked by the VAT man.
Never appear at your place of work before noon.
Inland Revenue inspectors like to keep their afternoons free for paperwork.
Shifty1962
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby GANGSHIELD » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

Benny wrote:Gangshield
Thanks
Ben

Ben , you have to decide which way you are going to take i.e.

Try to get agreement with them to pay small amounts, some will say no and try to freigten you by saying litigation,

Send MBNA CCA1974 request for copy of a Credit Agreement = cost £1.00.

IDR are they chasing the same account as Link for MBNA?

Start the 3 letter DCA system to them, but make sure you understand the system, = pay nothing they soon usually get fed up and sell account on, if they take you to court you would threaten to counterclaim for possible millions, they run.

The system works, so do not pussyfoot with them and follow the system on here.
GANGSHIELD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Dealing with Debt Collectors