Dealing with Excel civil enforcement Bailiffs

Discuss the tactics employed by Bailiffs. Understand what powers they really have and how to keep them off of your property.

Moderators: letissier14, getoutofdebtfree, ceylon, mareo, davidlloyd

Dealing with Excel civil enforcement Bailiffs

Postby robwatsons » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi there,
I hope you can point me in the right direction on how to deal with these people as I am a little confused where to start but will try and explain.
These bailiffs are pestering me regarding outstanding Dvla fines and threatening to gain entry to sieze goods. When I first had contact off them via a pre formatted letter through my door I sent a registered letter to them offering a token payment of a £1.00 and to present my offer to the court. As I live on benefits and only have £50.50 a week to live on and to pay £65 towards my months rent so nothing else to offer. Basically in a nut shell I have nothing to much to give nor own much for them to take.
The result of me sending that letter they sent me a reply saying to phone this guy who was one of their agents as they said they could not deal with it. This of course I did not do as I was warned not to speak to them nor open the door if they call again.
Can you tell advise me on what to do as I am a bit confused where to start now and as I have been on longterm ESA for anxiety and deppression so need guiding through what to do and what template letters to use etc.
I did try CAB but they were usless and just said there was nothing I could do.
Something that would put my mind at rest is they are threatening to get the police and a locksmith and gain entry to seize goods which worries me sick as I am in rental. Can they do this ?
Also seeing I sent a registered letter of a payment offer can they ignore it like they are doing as I thought an offer of payment had to be legally considered by the court regarding these fines ?
Like I say I need help as a bit lost what to do
Thanks Rob
robwatsons
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Dealing with Excel civil enforcement Bailiffs

Postby ceylon » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 am

put this up and send a copy to them http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... +of+access
just change the house number and post code
read this
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 76#p126976
Those most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe they are free” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ceylon

Return to Beat the Bailiffs