One Lower Affordable Monthly Payment

Apply Online Today…

How Much Can I Write Off?

Before After
Debt: £10,000 £3,000
Monthly: £189 £57
Figures are for illustration only.
Move the slider, see your savings:
Important Message : the content in these forums is user generated and archived here for the benefit of the community. Please make your own decisions on the validity of any information on these boards, as with all forums and life itself there's good advice and bad advice. If you have issues with debt then please contact us via any of the links on this site.

Dealing with Excel civil enforcement Bailiffs

Discuss the tactics employed by Bailiffs. Understand what powers they really have and how to keep them off of your property.

Dealing with Excel civil enforcement Bailiffs

Postby robwatsons » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi there,
I hope you can point me in the right direction on how to deal with these people as I am a little confused where to start but will try and explain.
These bailiffs are pestering me regarding outstanding Dvla fines and threatening to gain entry to sieze goods. When I first had contact off them via a pre formatted letter through my door I sent a registered letter to them offering a token payment of a £1.00 and to present my offer to the court. As I live on benefits and only have £50.50 a week to live on and to pay £65 towards my months rent so nothing else to offer. Basically in a nut shell I have nothing to much to give nor own much for them to take.
The result of me sending that letter they sent me a reply saying to phone this guy who was one of their agents as they said they could not deal with it. This of course I did not do as I was warned not to speak to them nor open the door if they call again.
Can you tell advise me on what to do as I am a bit confused where to start now and as I have been on longterm ESA for anxiety and deppression so need guiding through what to do and what template letters to use etc.
I did try CAB but they were usless and just said there was nothing I could do.
Something that would put my mind at rest is they are threatening to get the police and a locksmith and gain entry to seize goods which worries me sick as I am in rental. Can they do this ?
Also seeing I sent a registered letter of a payment offer can they ignore it like they are doing as I thought an offer of payment had to be legally considered by the court regarding these fines ?
Like I say I need help as a bit lost what to do
Thanks Rob
robwatsons
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Dealing with Excel civil enforcement Bailiffs

Postby ceylon » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 am

put this up and send a copy to them http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... +of+access
just change the house number and post code
read this
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 76#p126976
ceylon

Return to Beat the Bailiffs