Universal Jobmatch Mandatory?

Relating to Government Departments

Moderators: letissier14, getoutofdebtfree, mareo, ceylon, davidlloyd

Re: Universal Jobmatch Mandatory?

Postby S1mpleman » Wed May 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Woah guys! Loads of info to read up on. :D Thank you very much. I'm back in Friday so we'll see how this all plays out when I present more of this information.
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
S1mpleman
Silver Member
Silver Member

by Advertising » Fri May 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Advertising

Postby S1mpleman » Fri May 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Right today was not as long, but just as fun. I was given till the 3/5/13 on my Jsdirection so we had to fill the sheet out again, which has now been passed to her manager... Again! As I didn't complete the direction and I've given them my statements, regarding there privacy policy and the data protection act. I have to wait for their decision regarding this matter.

I also added that this could be solved very simply by having the actual legislation to hand. Which they don't keep at there offices. The decision makers are the ones who hold the legislation, me and my adviser rang one of them to query this and were told that a computer system handles all the decisions and we would have to wait for this decision to be made. (Stalling?) The sheet I get back will explain the reasons why (with legislation apparently) I have/n't been successful in challenging this.

I'm planning on putting freedom of information requests in asking for the actual legislation, How decisions are made, if by human or computer system?, how has the system been programmed?, who over sees this?

Regarding there policy for selling on our data which directly conflicts their own statement of “where the law allows” as my understanding is the law (legalese anyway) doesn't allow my data to be demanded from me and sold without my consent. I'm going to be doing a subject access request as well for next week requesting information on this. I may also put in a freedom of information request regarding this as well as the adviser didn't know.

I'd forgotten about the article from the guardian epsom, thank you. I shall have to mention this next time. It's sickening how much crap you have to go through for this, I can't see them enforcing the 35 hour week rule very easily. My job centre has 1 computer I think, ha!

I've also been thinking about court action for this, as dave mentioned, citizen advice have said it is still a grey area. I'm going to give them a call on Monday I think, record it, add it to my statements for them, or case against this.

I've never had to deal with a court or taking someone to court, has anyone got any good information regarding this? Or a shove in the right direction? :)

P.S. I did get one win! I overturned there decision to sanction my benefits for walking out of a job that wasn't even available in the first place.
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
S1mpleman
Silver Member
Silver Member

by Advertising » Sat May 04, 2013 6:09 am

Advertising

Postby epsom » Sat May 04, 2013 6:09 am

Hi S1mpleman,

The Terms and Conditions have now changed, unfortunately. I cannot now find anything that relates to the fact that Universal Jobmatch is run by Monster Worldwide Ltd---although they still are.

Mandating to Universal Jobmatch: Update:
For jobcentre staff:

http://www.join.pcs.org.uk/en/departmen ... 40616465A4

Part of the above states:

"Access to UJ Account
If, and when, a claimant signs up to UJ, they
will be encouraged to give DWP access to their
account. However, it is absolutely clear from a
legal perspective that the claimant does not
have to tick the box to give DWP access to
their account, and can provide alternative proof
of UJ sign up and use, e.g. screenprints"

..and that is a directive for the advisors.

Also, if you go to the DirectGov site, you will see "privacy Policy" "Standards of behaviour" and "about Cookies" at the bottom of the Universal Jobmatch area of the site.
Last edited by epsom on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
epsom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby 1111BIGDAVE1111 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:34 pm

iv got a few more terms and conditions for you to have a read. when you set up your universal job match your also setting up a government gateway account as well t&c here[url]online.hmrc.gov.uk/information/terms[/url] iv not had time to have a read yet
life used to be simple before i heard about GOODF, now i dont have a clue whats going on. but im glad im here
1111BIGDAVE1111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby epsom » Sun May 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi Dave,

Iv'e just read the T & C that you sent the link for, but i am not sure if that really applies to Universal Jobmatch---it really seems to be for Customs and Tax etc.
What I am looking for is the Terms and Conditions for Monster Worldwide International, the US based company who run Universal Jobmatch.
It's strange how it seems to have disappeared. The T & C now do not mention them at all, as far as I can see.
If anyone has their T & C, would you post the link here?.
epsom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby 1111BIGDAVE1111 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:22 pm

epsom iv found an interesting read about Monster Worldwide International or monster.co.uk

http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/universal-jobmatch-for-jobseekers-part-2/

when i get time im going to have a look round monster.co.uk see what i can find its been one of days iv not stopped

here is a few bits i pulled of the link

"A reliable source confirms that your uploaded CV will be hosted in Utah… in the USA – outside the European Union and European Economic Area".

"It may initially sound a safe bet and sensible to choose Monster… after all they are a large business with vast experience, however, in 2007 in less than 2 weeks Monster lost millions of customer data due to numerous data leaks. In 2009, the UK based site monster.co.uk was hacked and 4.5 million peoples data was stolen. These led to tens of thousands of cases of ID theft and phishing attacks to fraudulently obtain bank details for the purpose of stealing money. (Maybe this is what really caused the double-dip recession…)"
life used to be simple before i heard about GOODF, now i dont have a clue whats going on. but im glad im here
1111BIGDAVE1111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby assassin » Mon May 06, 2013 3:26 am

If you actually read the Jobseekers Act it clearly states your obligations, in simple terms.

You are obliged to provide evidence of your job searches, they give you a book but you don't have to fill it in as you can use any format you like as the obligation is to provide the evidence.
It has to be in your best interests of finding a job, the DWP only place an interpretation on this, and remember its only their spin laden, bullshit filled interpretation AND NOT LAW. They claim you have to take all reasonable steps to find employment and they deem this to be a reasonable step. NOTE THE WORDING HERE, [color=#0000FF]THEY DEEM[/color] which means they are playing on words and they can't enforce it lawfully.

Human Rights legislation clearly states that you have a right to privacy and that includes your personal information.
Anyone using your personal information has to do so with your consent, remove your consent and they cannot use it.

Intellectual property legislation deems personal information YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and nobody can FORCE, COERCE, THREATEN, or BULLY you into handing this over as its a CRIMINAL and CIVIL offence to do so. Any contract you sign if threat, coercion, intimidation, or bullying are used legally renders the contract invalid so you can write to the DWP and nullify your contract and remove your consent for them to use your personal information.

Monster clearly state that they will use your information in any way they like, so anything you give them they will use how they like, so signing up totally contradicts the claims made by the DWP so they have just committed fraud.
assassin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby epsom » Mon May 06, 2013 11:32 am

1111BIGDAVE1111 wrote:epsom iv found an interesting read about Monster Worldwide International or monster.co.uk

http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/universal-jobmatch-for-jobseekers-part-2/

when i get time im going to have a look round monster.co.uk see what i can find its been one of days iv not stopped

here is a few bits i pulled of the link

"A reliable source confirms that your uploaded CV will be hosted in Utah… in the USA – outside the European Union and European Economic Area".

"It may initially sound a safe bet and sensible to choose Monster… after all they are a large business with vast experience, however, in 2007 in less than 2 weeks Monster lost millions of customer data due to numerous data leaks. In 2009, the UK based site monster.co.uk was hacked and 4.5 million peoples data was stolen. These led to tens of thousands of cases of ID theft and phishing attacks to fraudulently obtain bank details for the purpose of stealing money. (Maybe this is what really caused the double-dip recession…)"

Hi Dave,
Thats interesting.... but that thread was in Dec 2012 (I actually posted some comments on that thread!).
What is interesting is if the users data is stored in the USA...outside the European Union and European Economic Area.

However, the T & C have since been changed and updated....and I cannot now find the Monster Worldwide International Terms and Conditions on the DirectGov.co.uk site, as before....only the T & C in the separate areas. like "Privacy" etc.
epsom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby epsom » Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 am

assassin wrote:If you actually read the Jobseekers Act it clearly states your obligations, in simple terms.

You are obliged to provide evidence of your job searches, they give you a book but you don't have to fill it in as you can use any format you like as the obligation is to provide the evidence.
It has to be in your best interests of finding a job, the DWP only place an interpretation on this, and remember its only their spin laden, bullshit filled interpretation AND NOT LAW. They claim you have to take all reasonable steps to find employment and they deem this to be a reasonable step. NOTE THE WORDING HERE, [color=#0000FF]THEY DEEM[/color] which means they are playing on words and they can't enforce it lawfully.

Human Rights legislation clearly states that you have a right to privacy and that includes your personal information.
Anyone using your personal information has to do so with your consent, remove your consent and they cannot use it.

Intellectual property legislation deems personal information YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY[/color] and nobody can [color=#0000FF]FORCE, COERCE, THREATEN, or BULLY you into handing this over as its a CRIMINAL and CIVIL offence to do so. Any contract you sign if threat, coercion, intimidation, or bullying are used legally renders the contract invalid so you can write to the DWP and nullify your contract and remove your consent for them to use your personal information.

Monster clearly state that they will use your information in any way they like, so anything you give them they will use how they like, so signing up totally contradicts the claims made by the DWP so they have just committed fraud.

The Jobseekers Act and the Terms and Conditions of Monster Worldwide International (who run the Universal jobmatch site) seem to be at odds.
The Jobseekers Act says "Intellectual property legislation deems personal information YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and nobody can FORCE, COERCE, THREATEN, or BULLY you into handing this over as its a CRIMINAL and CIVIL offence to do so..etc."

But the T £ C of Monster says "9.8 You agree that you have no ownership rights in your account and that if you cancel your account or your account is closed, all of your account information, including CVs, saved jobs and questionnaires may be marked as deleted and maybe removed from our databases. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in processing. "

These terms and conditions are continually being revised and updated, and, as I say, I can't see any mention of Monster International Worldwide on the Universal Jobmatch/ DirectGov.co.uk site any more.

There needs to be some definitive answers here, and not just left to the interpretation of the advisors.
It is only recently that they are making it so that everything is going to be done online---the joblog books are going to cease.

It's all a bit of a mess.
epsom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby assassin » Mon May 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Heres the DWP take on it.

Universal Jobmatch is the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) online service which is radically changing the way people look for and apply to jobs. It’s one of the biggest changes to the labour market in 27 years.

Universal Jobmatch is open to all jobseekers, regardless of whether or not they are claiming a benefit.

The service will make it quicker and easier for jobseekers to find a suitable job and for companies to find the most suitable candidates. DWP does not charge for this service. More than 2 million people looking for work have already registered and set up an account and over 550 million job searches have been undertaken.

It works by matching jobseekers to jobs based on their skills and CV. Matching skills to jobs also allows jobseekers who might be unable to find jobs in their chosen profession, see what alternatives might be available in their local area.

So basically they are saying that you will look for, and take any job they offer you, irrespective of any financial hardships you may suffer from taking any low paid job; it is an attempt to force people into minimum wage jobs at any cost.

Universal Jobmatch is a valuable tool for helping jobseekers find work. We expect the majority of claimants who are genuinely looking for work will want to willingly use the service themselves.

Where this is not the case and where appropriate, we may require some Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) claimants to create a profile and a public CV in Universal Jobmatch.

Note the words "we may" which means they don't have the lawful authority to make anyone create a profile, but would like you to think that they do have such authority.

JSA claimants must do all that can be reasonably expected of them to find work and must apply for any jobs that an adviser deems suitable.

Once again note the play on words "reasonably expected of them" and "that an adviser deems suitable" for them.In reality it means that an adviser is given the power and authority to make decisions well above their capabilities and experience to determine what is reasonable for you without knowing your circumstances, they don't have such powers without your consent.

Universal Jobmatch will provide access to a wide range of vacancies, so using the service will be an important part of actively seeking work.

Many other job search sites also do this, and many much better, if you are a professional in a respective field of expertise with suitable qualifications Universal Jobmatch jobs will be of little interest and use and dedicated job sites in your respective field will be so much better and suitable for you.

If after the Jobcentre Plus adviser has explained the benefits of the service to them, the claimant still refuses to use Universal Jobmatch, the adviser may then consider whether it is reasonable to issue a ‘Jobseeker’s Direction’ to mandate them to create a profile and upload a public CV on Universal Jobmatch.

Note the play on words again, the adviser has "explained the benefits" and note they don't explain the negatives such as your rights to YOUR property being removed by signing up to Universal Jobmatch as defined in Monster's terms and conditions. It doesn't make mention of the fact that they are complicit in several illegal acts, or that they can be held legally accountable for them, as can the DWP as advisers are agents of the DWP.

Before issuing a Jobseeker’s Direction the adviser will take a claimant’s individual circumstances into account, including whether they have access to the internet or not.

They will put a spin on your individual circumstances and make a decision based on a few minutes with you, which will be to sign up WITHOUT considering your circumstances, and then apply misdirection by deflecting the issue away from the real issue and using the issue of internet access to do this. They are not a court of law and cannot enforce anything on you which financially penalises you and this is clearly defined in the Bill of Rights 1689.

Jobseeker’s Directions require JSA claimants to take specific actions which will help them to find work, and failure to do so without good reason may result in a benefit sanction being applied.

No individual can commit a criminal offence and by forcing you to give or place your personal details as they are YOUR property, and by doing so they commit a number of specific offences ranging from theft to fraud, along with a number of specific civil offences under contract legislation. They are complicit (along with the DWP) of forcing you to commit a number of offences and by doing this in writing they give you the evidence. Monster make it clear in their terms and conditions that by signing up you are giving THEM full contractual rights and ownership of your property and they can use it to make money from this information. If this information is lost, stolen, or used for criminal offences such as identity theft then Monster have no obligations to reimburse this financial loss. This information may be governed by English law, but only when it is used in an area governed by English jurisdiction, but they reserve the right to use this information worldwide in their terms and conditions, so can move it outside this jurisdiction anytime they like and use it. You have consented to it.

The service meets accessibility standards and DWP will continue to support disadvantaged jobseekers.
assassin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to General