DVLA - SORN

Or the equivalent Department for Vehicles in your Country

Moderators: letissier14, Faljay, getoutofdebtfree, mareo, ceylon

DVLA - SORN

Postby Holsam » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:55 pm

HI I am having a problem with DVLA and a SORN notice I have sent but they subsequently lost and now want to fine me, I have explained what happened and sent a copy of the SORN i sent to them, I also notified them I would charge them a fee of £80 for each letter I have to send them if they failed to deal with the matter in my first letter. I have had a letter from them today and they have obviously ignored the letter and SORN notice copy i sent them. So i am today sending a second reply and charging £80 which is in line with their charges and they were notified of my fee schedule in my last letter.
My question is do I invoice DVLA or Simon Tse at DVLA who is their Chief Executive Officer as I dont expect them to pay and I will take County Court Proceedings to recover this invoice if I need too. Thanks
Holsam
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: DVLA - SORN

Postby lambchop » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am

They loose loads of mail and are trying it on,if you have proof of postage that should shut them up...
I always get POP when i send stuff off to to be on the safe side
You don't have a problem, you have a opportunity to succeed
The World will not be Destroyed by those that do Evil,but by those who watch them witout doing any thing..

lambchop
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby mareo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 am

Holsam wrote:HI I am having a problem with DVLA and a SORN notice I have sent but they subsequently lost and now want to fine me, I have explained what happened and sent a copy of the SORN i sent to them, I also notified them I would charge them a fee of £80 for each letter I have to send them if they failed to deal with the matter in my first letter. I have had a letter from them today and they have obviously ignored the letter and SORN notice copy i sent them. So i am today sending a second reply and charging £80 which is in line with their charges and they were notified of my fee schedule in my last letter.
My question is do I invoice DVLA or Simon Tse at DVLA who is their Chief Executive Officer as I dont expect them to pay and I will take County Court Proceedings to recover this invoice if I need too. Thanks

Can't litigate a corporation in this sense, you have to litigate it's agent's in this case the CEO

simples

Simplicity in Action(s)
mareo

by Advertising » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 am

Advertising

Postby Holsam » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for the replies guys I have Invoiced their CEO so lets see what happens if they do not pay the invoice I have sent and I take county Court Proceedings against him .
Holsam
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Holsam » Tue May 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Just a quick update if anyone is have problems with DVLA as I am, Simon Tse is no longer the CEO at DVLA there is a new Acting CEO who is Judith Whitaker.

Just sending off a statement to DVLA with 2 charges for letters I have sent them today so will keep you informed how things go.

They have sent one of the fines for not declaring a sorn on a stolen car to a company called Collectica Limted to collect the £80 on DVLA's behalf I have sent a letter to collectica today refusing to pay and to forward the case to the county courts as they are threatening me with so I can present the evidence I have to a court. Also I have sent a notice to collectica that I will be charging them for every letter I have to send them in the future.

[Mod Edit; Below from member Mareo]
Always address to the CEO, so eg. Ma'am Judith Whitaker-The CEO occupant

so with the revolving doors of who's who in any corporation at any giving time the position of CEO is always addressed to, no matter the occupant.

simples
Holsam
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Holsam » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Update of my SORN adventure firstly DVLA have another new acting CEO Mr Malcom Dawson if anyone has a SORN problem I have his corporate address for mail so let me know and I will let you have it.

Good News is that today I have received a letter from DVLA and they have written off both my SORN late payment notices so that has saved me £160 (the pen is mightier than the sword)

I did have to write a few letters standing my ground with them and I never backed down even though I had the 2 debt collection agency threatening me with courts I just wrote back to them saying I would not be paying them either and to take me to court as soon as they can so I could present my paperwork to the courts and that if I had to write to them again I would be charging them £80 for every letter I had to send. Consequently they never bothered me again.

I have not yet received payment of my invoices to DVLA for the letters I wrote but I will persue them more now they have written my SORN fines off.
Holsam
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Return to DVLA- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency