Akinika!...

All matters relating to Debt Collection

Moderators: letissier14, getoutofdebtfree, mareo, ceylon, davidlloyd

Akinika!...

Postby SueEllen » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:07 am

Hi,
Just looking for some advice please...
Posting for a friend who has sent the first letter to a debt collecter, interestingly named Akinika... They received the below response saying that they are acting as agents on behalf of the creditor, that there is "no deed of assignement" for the account as the title deeds remain with their client who they "believe" to be the original original. This seems to hinge around their belief..?
They go on to say "Our client has instructed us to collect the balance on their behalf"
and that they "understand" that "a letter has been issued" to you to advise that they are authorised to deal with teh matter on their (the clients) behalf.
I need to check this with my friend but he did not mention anything about this sort of letter and I would be very surprised if this letter ever existed.
They then say that they are "not a third party as defined under the Consumer Credit Act 1974" and that they are "a legitimately appointed agent of the creditor, pursuing settlement..."
They say "We agree that you have no contract with our company, however, we do not write to you to enforce any alleged Rights on our own behalf. we have been instructed by our client, whom we understand to be your creditor, to contact you regarding settlement..."
They also mention that debt validation is an American concept which does not legally apply in the UK?

Is this just all part of their game?
Should my friend just send the second letter and ignore this response?
Any advice/guidance would be appreciated!
Awakeningly yours :o
SueEllen
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Akinika!...

Postby letissier14 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 am

On with the 2nd letter :D
The best teachers are those who show you were to look, but don't tell you what to see.

Those who have changed the universe have never done it by changing officials, but always by inspiring the people.
letissier14

Postby againstthesystem » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Akinka are Aktiv Capitals new trading name.

Debt validation is perfectly legal in the UK! Its a right you have. You can request a CCA agreement under section 77/78 of the CCA Act 74. They have 12 days to supply it or they cannot chase you for it. If no one has sent you a notice of assignment, then again, rules broken under CPR Pre Action Protocols. Make them prove their type of agency - if only 'agent' then they have no legal powers anyway. Send off letter two and if they kick off, jump back here for some assistance.
Any opinions offered is based on my own experiences and such opinions are given freely. However, they are not to be construed as legal advice.You must make your OWN decisions as to whether you follow the advice.

ATS
againstthesystem

by Advertising » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Advertising

Postby SueEllen » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks for the responses
Second letter being sent tomorrow... Will update on any progress...fingers crossed
SueEllen
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby againstthesystem » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:37 pm

SueEllen wrote:Thanks for the responses
Second letter being sent tomorrow... Will update on any progress...fingers crossed

Keep us posted ;)
Any opinions offered is based on my own experiences and such opinions are given freely. However, they are not to be construed as legal advice.You must make your OWN decisions as to whether you follow the advice.

ATS
againstthesystem

Postby assassin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 am

Its basic law, anyone making an allegation (including an allegation of debt) has to prove their case before anyone can be found guilty; its called COMMON LAW, and as America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, have adopted the UK system it will be pretty much the same, so ignore their bullshit and carry on.
assassin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Trawets » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:07 pm

I have recently had dealings with this company, it was formerly Capita plc. It is a legitimate debt recovery company that takes on debts from the likes of local councils, TV Licensing, Ebay to name but a few.
Trawets
New Recruit
New Recruit

by Advertising » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Advertising

Postby BuggerLugz » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 pm

Trawets wrote:I have recently had dealings with this company, it was formerly Capita plc. It is a legitimate debt recovery company that takes on debts from the likes of local councils, TV Licensing, Ebay to name but a few.

They are not lawful debts tho.

They are there like all the rest, to make us think we are in debt.

1933 i think was when things changed in regards to ''debts''

You CANT be in debt

and if you paid them when you knew about this site, then your mad lol

or did they pay you? (do you work for them)
There are some people money can’t buy. Everyone else is a Tory politician.

The obvious fraud of it " They want us to accept a loss of our freedoms and privacy in order to stop terrorists who seek to take away our freedoms and privacy"
BuggerLugz
Gold
Gold

Postby SueEllen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi folks,
Update...

My friend has sent all three letters but the last one crossed in the post with one from a solicitor threatening a CC Claim may be issued without further warning if he does not contact them within 10 days to arrange repayment, resulting in bailiffs, attachment to earnings etc..
My friend is now nervously waiting to see what happens.
Should he be worried or is this just another of their means of intimidation?
I expect the solicitor, "GPB solicitors LLP" is part of the same company? Anyone heard of them?
Is there anything he should be doing at this stage?
Any advice welcome..

BTW.. if I was one of 'them'..'they', then would I be looking for advice...?...ok maybe!
My friend, (who is real) is registered and has downloaded the letters but his Hinglish is not the best...hence "my friend".. hope this makes sense :-)
SueEllen
New Recruit
New Recruit

Postby Marshall » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:45 pm

You can copy all contact you have made and received, and send it to the solicitors in a big bulky parcel :)

Their insides will sweat.

Other input is welcome, I know other people on here sent the first letter to the solicitors and they replied saying they are basically staying the hell out of it.

I'd wish you luck but, you have got this under control. Well done.
If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Marshall
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Dealing with Debt Collectors