Akinika Debt Recovery

All matters relating to Debt Collection

Moderators: letissier14, Faljay, getoutofdebtfree, zark, mareo, ceylon

Akinika Debt Recovery

Postby Damon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Hello,

I recently received a letter from Akinika Debt Recovery in an attempt to collect unpaid seller fees from me. Here is a copy of what they have sent:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference Debt Balance of £34.29 owed to EBAY MARKET PLACE
akinika Reference Number: ***********
Client Reference number: ************

EBAY MARKET PLACE have passed your debt to akinika Debt Recovery Limited with instructions to recover your debt of £34.29 in full.

Please contact us on 01772 557644 between 8.00am and 9.00pm Monday to Friday or 8.00am and 1.00pm on Saturday so that we can confirm your liability for this overdue account.

Once we have confirmed your liability , our Collection Agents will be able to assess your financial circumstances and agree with you how best you can repay the outstanding debt.

Accepted methods of payment are detailed on the reverse of this letter.

Please note your eBay account and your feedback score of ***** will remain suspended until this debt is resolved. Once the debt is resolved and subject to you having no other restrictions or suspensions, your account will be considered for reinstatement.

We advise you to take urgent action to resolve this matter and contact our offices immediately on 01772 557644.

Yours faithfully,
For akinika Debt Recovery Limited

(signature)

Rebecca Potter
Head of Recoveries

So now I need some advise on how to proceed. I'm guessing most normal people would say to just pay them the money, but on this site I'm sure people would think differently towards this.

Another thing to mention is that I am actually only 15 so am I right in saying that I cannot legally be in debt? However I'm not sure this would be a strong point to mention as they could pursue legal action for fraud right?

Thanks.
Damon
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Akinika Debt Recovery

Postby ceylon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:29 pm

as your used to reading you will need to do some you have choices you could use the letters on here but you have to decide and you have to read up so you know what your doing
if you make your mind up either way and want to ask anything just ask
also watch the videos in latest news how to use the forum
Those most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe they are free” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ceylon

Postby Damon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm

So would initiating the process of sending the 3 'standard letters' be suitable in this situation? From what I have read it seems to be.

I still have to wait the 48 hours verification time to be able to open the templates though.

Thanks
Damon
New Recruit
New Recruit

by Advertising » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Advertising

Postby ceylon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 pm

your choice but we would
Those most hopelessly enslaved are those who falsely believe they are free” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ceylon

Postby againstthesystem » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:28 pm

ceylon wrote:your choice but we would

agreed!
Any opinions offered is based on my own experiences and such opinions are given freely. However, they are not to be construed as legal advice.You must make your OWN decisions as to whether you follow the advice.

ATS
againstthesystem

Postby letissier14 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Personally speaking, as you are only 15, I think you should inform your parents of the situation and get them to pay the outstanding money.
The best teachers are those who show you were to look, but don't tell you what to see.

Those who have changed the universe have never done it by changing officials, but always by inspiring the people.
letissier14

Postby wolverine » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:39 pm

It will cost u to send the letters as they need to be sent recorded delivery so u save very little
wolverine
New Recruit
New Recruit

Return to Dealing with Debt Collectors